What is Bartholin Cyst?
The Bartholingland located on both sides of vaginal opening. They are of pee size. They produce fluid that helps to keep vagina moist. Seriousness may lead you towards the Bartholin cyst treatment. Vaginal fluid travels to the vagina through ducts (tubes). If tubes gets blocked, fluid can back up into them. You must find Bartholin cyst treatment immediately. This cause a swelling in cyst. Most of time, they do not hurt. They are mostly always benign, or non-cancerous.
How do you know if you have Bartholin Cyst?
It is common for women to have bartholin cyst and not know about it until she is examined by a doctor and recommended for bartholin cyst treatment. Most commonly, there are no major symptoms, however, they may include following:
- A slight lump inside the labia (the lips of female genitalia) is a minor symptom that may not be noticeable. The cyst mostly develops in one of the two glands.
- Pain. Larger cyst can cause discomfort, irritation and pain in the vulva, especially during sexual intercourse, or while walking or sitting.
- If an infection develops in this area there may be a collection of pus, which can be painful.
The abscess can be develop very quickly. The skin in the infected area may become red, tender, and hot. The patient may also have a temperature.
What are Causes of Ovarian Cyst?
Experts believe that the causes of Bartholin cyst is a backup of fluid. Fluid may be accumulate when the opening of the gland becomes obstructed, perhaps caused by infection or injury.
A Bartholin cyst treatment is necessary because it can become infected and forming an abscess. Many bacteria can cause the infection, including Escherichia coli and bacteria that cause sexually transmitted infections such as gonorrhea and chlamydia.
How your doctor will Diagnose your Bartholin Cyst?
For diagnosing a bartholin cyst your doctor may:
- She may ask about your medical history
- Examination of pelvic
- She may take samples of secretions from your vagina or cervix to rest for a sexually transmitted infection.
- A test recommend of the mass to check for cancerous cells if you are postmenopausal or over 40.
If a cancer is found, your doctor may refer you to gynecologist who specializes in cancers of the female reproductive system for Bartholin cyst treatment.
Bartholin Cyst Treatment
If the bartholin cyst is small and presents no symptoms, the doctor may recommend no treatment, but the patient will be asked to report any growth in the size of the cyst.
If a lump is found in the vaginal area should be reported, especially if the patient has started the menopause.
For the Bartholin Cyst treatment doctor may prescribed you antibiotics and Chinese herbal medicines.
Sometimes minor surgeries are recommended.
- Inserting of a catheter into the cyst.
- Inflating the catheter to a fix it in place.
- Leaving the catheter for 2 to 4 weeks, to allow fluid to drain by the catheter and allow a normal opening to form.
If you want more information call us 03171172688 or LIVE CHAT with our experts…!